Important Safety Message: Respect
Wednesday, June 8th, 2022
In order for the Wicklow 200 to be held every year, we need the cooperation of everyone involved – the cyclists, the local communities, the emergency services, Gardai and the 400 volunteers.
As we are all in this together, we have to respect everyone on the day of the cycle.
We are asking you – the cyclists – to make the day enjoyable for everyone by thinking about the following:
1. Respect other road users
- All roads will be open and busy.
- Please only cycle two-abreast, obey the rules of the road and be courteous to fellow cyclists.
2. Respect Marshals
- We have over 400 volunteer marshals on the day of the cycle.
- Please follow their instructions and if requested to stop please do so.
3. Respect Fellow Cyclists
- With over 3,000 cyclists taking part the roads will be busy.
- Not everyone is an experienced cyclist so give people space and encouragement.
- When cycling in a club group, be mindful of passing out other cyclists and give them space as required.
- Encourage cyclists of all abilities.
If we all follow these three simple rules we will have an enjoyable and safe day for the Wicklow 200!
Thank you for your co-operation.